Class Descriptions: Updated
Please note: information is subject to change without notice.
P&R Dance & Gymnastics Class Descriptions: 2017-18
You are registering for a 9 month session: Aug-April. Fees are divided into fall & spring payments.
KinderTap & Ballet: ages 5&6, 40 or 45
minute class. Curriculum is designed to introduce basic Ballet, Tap, and Jazz
terms, technique and floor work. This covers Barr and center work,
movement such as turns and leaps across the floor. Curriculum helps
develop small and large motor skills and infuses coordination builders.
Spring session also incorporates routine preparation for the Spring
Recital. This class will perform in all Spring Dance Recitals. All fall fees include
costume and registration fees.
Must be age 5 by Aug. 28
Mondays 5:50 $228
Thursdays 5:00 $228
Saturday 10:30 $228
Toddlers, Tiara's, Tutu's and Tumbling ( 4T's): Ages 3&4, 30 minute class. Curriculum is designed to expose this age group to basic floor tumbling ( front rolls, bridges, cartwheels, low balance beam, hand/eye coordination games with bean bags, bubbles, etc,) following 1 and 2 step directions and developing listening skills. The tumbling segment covers the first 5 weeks of class in the fall and spring. The remainder of the session is devoted to creative movement and basic ballet center, movement across the floor and routine preparation for Spring Recital. Beginner ballet terms are introduced to this age level. . This class will perform in all Spring Recitals. This class does one routine in the Spring Recitals. All fall fees include costume and registration fees) Must be age 3 by Aug. 28
Monday 5:30 $218
Thursday 5:30 $218
Saturday 10:00 $218
Tap, Ballet, and Jazz Classes: Grades 1-5. 50 minute class. A student may take this class for 2 or more years before advancing to a higher level. Curriculum covers Tap, Ballet, Jazz fundamentals and techniques but on a more challenging level. Tap, Ballet, and Jazz center and across the floor work. Leaps and turns are stressed on a more challenging level. Spring session also incorporates routine preparation for the Spring Recital. This class will perform in all Spring Recitals. This class does one routine in the Spring Recitals. All fall fees include costume and registration fees.
Monday 4:30 $228
Thursday 5:50 $228
Pointe': This class is only available for the Jr. and Sr. Accelerated classes. It is designed for the more serious dance student. Curriculum is designed to strengthen toes, feet, ankles, legs and center core (upper body). Pointe' takes serious practice as well as ballet technique classes. Since students develop at different rates, going on Pointe’ is decided by the Ballet instructor and studio director. It may take several years of this class before a student is ready to actually go on Pointe'. Patience, dedication, and practice are required. This class will perform in the Spring Recitals.
Tuesdays Time to be determined: $90
Hip Hop: Ages 7-10 and ages 11-15: 45 minute class. Hip Hop is street dance culture infused with jazz favor. It has fast paced movements, balance based stunts, turns, and incorporates some Pop and Lock (unusual movements where body movements are isolated, accented, quick pulses, or held). This dance movement is constantly changing and many trends may be combined. The Hip Hop dance trend is loose so everyone can develop their own style and movements. Spring session also incorporates routine preparation for the Spring Recital. This class will perform in all Spring Recitals. This class does one routine in the Spring Recitals. All fall fees include costume and registration fees.
Tuesday 6:30 ages 7-10 $228
Tuesday 7:15 ages 11-15 $228
Mommy and Me KinderGym; ages 2&3, 30 minutes. This is a parent participation class. The Parent will be working with their child the entire class period. This is a fun and constructive class, designed to introduce a child to tumbling. Activities are focused on small and large motor skill development, hand-eye coordination, and basic tumbling (Balance beam, mat skills, songs, parachute, small hand manipulatives, and more). This is a fun class for the parent as well as the student. This class may perform in our Gymnastics Recitals. Participation is optional for 2&3 year olds. No required dance apparel required for this class. Suggest comfortable and flexible clothing: gym shoes. Please.... No sandals or open toed shoes for the Kinder Student.
Wednesday 4:30 $133
Thursday 6:10 $133
Gymnastics: beginner/. 1st -5th gd. 50 minutes. Conditioning, stretching, basic tumbling skills, front, back, and straddle rolls, cartwheels, stunts and trick acrobatics may be introduced). Proper technique stressed. Students may take this class up to 2 years. This class meets once a week so conditioning and practicing at home is a must for skill mastery. Students will perform in the Spring Gym Recital. All fall fees include costume and registration fees.
Wednesday 5:40 $218
Gymnastics: Intermediate. 1st -5th gd. 50 minutes. Conditioning, stretching, and basic tumbling skills. Some of these skills may be mastered: front, back, and straddle rolls, cartwheels, stunts and trick acrobatics. Proper technique stressed. Students may take this class up to 2 years. This class meets once a week so conditioning and practicing at home is a must for skill mastery. Students will perform in the Spring Gym Recital. These students are not beginners but have not acquired the skills to be considered advanced. All fall fees include costume and registration fees.
Monday 5:50 $218
Gymnastics: advanced. Ability based. 50 minutes. Students must have mastered a backward roll, back kick-over or back walkover, hold handstand with spotter and running round-off with correct punch (rebound) to advance to this level. Will work on conditioning, stretching, back-overs, standing back handspring, running round-off-back handspring. This class meets once a week so conditioning and practicing at home is a must for skill mastery. Students will perform in a Spring performance. All fall fees include costume and registration fees.
Monday 5:00 $218
KinderGym: ages 4,5&6. 30 Minutes. Introduction to
basic tumbling skills (front roll, bridges, angel touches, handstand kick-ups,
toe touches, cartwheels, tuck jumps, low balance beam, spotting blocks, small
hand manipulatives, etc. Simple stunts may be introduced. Students will
perform in a Spring Gymnastics Recital. Must be age 4 by Aug. 28
Monday 6:45 $218
Wednesday 5:00 $218
Mini PAC Accelerated: ages 6-9 entrance into this class is by invitation only.
Wednesday 5:00 $298 Includes 2 costumes and registration fee
Jr PAC Accelerated Entrance into this class
is by audition only. Auditions held in May and by request.
Tuesday 5:00-6:30 & Wednesday 6:00-7:30 $448 Includes 3 costumes and registration fee
Sr PAC Accelerated Entrance to this class is
by audition only. Auditions held in May and by request.
Monday 6:45-8:30 & Tuesday 6:30-8:00 $448 Includes 3 costumes and registration fee Pointe” Tuesday 8:00-8:30 $90
NEW 8 week Dance
Inclusion class for children with special needs. 30 minutes. 1st-6th
grade. Class will cover social interaction, basic stretching, center and across
the floor, and learning a simple dance routine. This class will be structured similar to a regular dance class with
adaptations to meet the needs of the students enrolled. This class will require a parent or adult to
assist the student.
Saturday 11:30 $75.
Accelerated Dance Company Requirements
Mini Accelerated Dance Company: Ages 6+. This class is designed for the younger student who has had 2+ years of dance and wants to advance to the next level of instruction. Teacher approval required.
- The Mini?s will experience more performance opportunities at community events and recitals.
- This class schedule is longer: 1 hours weekly and 6 Saturday workshops.Additional rehearsals may be added
- Practice and strict attendance is mandatory
- Class and costume fees are higher.
- The Mini Accelerated class will also have 6 mandatory Saturday workshops throughout the year. More may be added.
- Tap, Ballet and Jazz curriculum will move at a faster pace and step mastery will be strongly encouraged.
- This year a new and deeper ballet curriculum will be introduced.
- Strict dance attire is required. See attire requirements.
- Company dance warm-up jackets are encouraged but not required.
- Dance bags are required. A NEW company dance bags may be ordered or use one of choice.
Jr. & Sr. Accelerated Dance Company: These classes are designed for student with 4+ (Jr.) and 6-8+ (Sr.) years of dance experience. Teacher
exceptions may be made. This program offers a full dance curriculum for the student who wants to excel In Tap, Ballet, Lyrical and Jazz. Hip Hop, Pom Pom, and Musical Theater dance styles may be covered.
- Age and grade level are considered in class placement.
- Lyrical ballet is introduced at this level.
- The Jr. & Sr. Accelerated Dance Company will have more performance opportunities such as parades, community events, ballgames, and recitals.
- Competitions may be scheduled.
- These classes meet twice a week for 3 to 4 hours total. Class times may be lengthened when necessary.
- Practice and strict attendance are mandatory.
- Class and costume fees are higher.
- There are 6 mandatory Saturday workshops throughout the year. More may be added.
- The Jr. & Sr. Accelerated student may enroll in the pointe' class.
- Company dance warm-ups (Jackets and Pants) are required. This cost may run from $115 to $125 depending on amount ordered.
- Ballet attire required (black tank leotard, pink tights and ballet shoes). These will be ordered at one specific time (TBA). This cost is not covered by costume fees.
- Additional fees for performance attire may be required outside of Costume fees. Cost will be kept as minimal as possible
- Dance bags and journals are required. A PRDG company dance bag may be ordered or use one of choice
- Dance journal purchase will be the responsibility of the student.
- Strict class dance attire is required. See attire requirements.
- Unexcused absenteeism may result in removal from the PAC program.
PRDG Accelerated Company Warm-ups & Dance Bags
Accelerated Company Warm-ups: Jackets $80, Pants $35 (prices may fluctuate due to amount ordered)
This includes all logos and name personalization embroidery on left front of jacket.
[[PASTING TABLES IS NOT SUPPORTED]]
· 100% Polyester Heavyweight 840 Denier
· Fabric with PVC Coating
· Large U-shaped Compartment
· Zippered Side Pocket
· Front Pocket with Mesh Organizer
· Detachable and Adjustable Padded Shoulder Strap
· Heavy Duty Metal Hardware
· 23" x 12" x 10.5"